Legal Advisor – Caerphilly – £21.5k
- On Site Parking
- Development Opportunities
- Flexible Working Pattern
This is an exciting role for a Legal Advisor to a well established legal practice covering a range of legal disciplines. It is a great role to start your legal career as the firm invest heavily in staff training and development.
The advice ranges from one-off enquiries to becoming a trusted adviser to customers who want legal advice about an ongoing situation. They advise individuals as well as commercial customers ranging from sole traders to large national organisations.
You will provide advice on a variety of areas such as
- Employment law
- Contractual disputes
- Consumer matters
- Property disputes
- Landlord and tenant issues
- Crime and family law
- Niche areas such as agricultural and ecclesiastical law
The firm pride themselves on offering a great service to their customers to enable them to make an informed decision about their legal options.
In this role you will benefit from:
- The opportunity to gain experience in handling a variety of areas of law in a fast paced, but supportive environment;
- Developing invaluable soft skills with the ability to establish the facts of a customer’s legal issues, advising on the applicable law and the legal options available in a focused and appropriate way;
- The opportunity to gain skills in niche areas of law and develop a depth of knowledge in an area that particularly interests you;
- Early responsibility to identify any legal risks associated with a customer’s legal issue and advising the customer of potential solutions to enable them to make an informed decision; and
- The opportunity to develop your legal knowledge and expertise and progress your career with support for further study and qualification; and
- A benefits package including pension, access to gym membership, staff discounts, a recognition scheme for excellent performance, childcare vouchers and an active sports and social committee.
- You will be the first point of contact and will be expected to advise on multiple areas of law;
- responsible for handling legal queries from policyholders;
- able to establish the facts of a customer’s legal issue, advise on the applicable law and the legal options available;
- where relevant, offer fixed fee solutions to the customer or refer the matter for an assessment under the customer’s legal expenses insurance policy;
- able to provide excellent customer service to customers;
- responsible for identifying any legal risks associated with a customer’s legal issue and advising the customer of potential solutions to enable them to make an informed decision; and
- able to identify and comply with all applicable service standards as well as regulatory standards.
The ideal candidate:
You will be an LLB / LPC graduate keen to work in a collaborative team environment. You will be prepared to embrace the team values and live these in your day to day working life. In addition, you will be:
- able to demonstrate a comprehensive practical or academic knowledge of employment, property and consumer law as well as the ability to learn and advise on other every day legal issues effecting personal and commercial clients such as family law, wills and probate and general contract law;
- articulate and confident in customer care and have the ability to embrace a changing environment in a new type of law firm;
- able to demonstrate commercial awareness when giving advice; and
- committed to and can demonstrate excellent customer service and technical skills.
The team are passionate and enthusiastic about what they do. You will be agile in the way that you work and adaptable to change. In return for your commitment, on offer is generous remuneration and an attractive benefits package. You will join a supportive and fun environment which will encourage dedication and hard work whilst also offering the opportunity to engage in a wide range of personal and professional development activities.
Apply today with Rachel Phillips at TSR Legal Recruitment or apply directly for the role below: Rachel@tsrlegal.co.uk / 02920 388100