Up to £40,000 (DOE)
Costs Lawyer / Law Costs Draftsperson – Cardiff
A leading commercial practice are seeking to appoint a Law Costs Drafts-person to join their busy costs team. The firm have undergone significant growth and as a result have opportunities for two Costs Draftsmen to join them on either a remote working, hybrid or office based working pattern. Those with experience of legal aid costs are encouraged to apply.
Daily duties include;
- Preparing and submitting claims for costs.
- Drafting and management of a caseload of files.
- Liaising and advising fee earners and support staff in relation to a variety of legal costs matters.
- Ensuring the work flow and processes and procedures related to costs are followed.
- Providing technical advice and supervision to junior members of the team.
- Reporting any cases that fall outside of the draftsperson’s individual authority to the Costs Team Manager.
- Managing files to make sure that all time spent is accurately recorded.
- Ensuring the case management system is used properly and effectively in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Monitoring and managing own compliance with targets in respect of income and drafting.
The successful candidate will have passion and a genuine flare toward legal cost drafting and be looking to develop into a key member of the department.
Skills that you will require:
- You will possess at least 2 – 5 years experience as a Costs Drafts-person within an in-house team for an external supplier or costs drafting services
- Experience of dealing with all aspects of costs matters including legal aid costs
- You will be degree educated and will boast ALCD (Law Costs Drafting Qualification) or will be at least working towards this
- Be experienced in running an active caseload ensuring that all deadlines, targets and KPI’s are met
- Ability to draft Bill of Costs with minimal supervision
- Ability to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills on a consistent basis
Benefits include 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) as well as firmwide bonus and excellent working culture.
For a confidential discussion on the role please contact Rachel Phillips at our head offices or apply directly for the role below: Rachel@tsrlegl.co.uk / 02920 388100